AASPI Events & Education
Throughout the year AASPI puts on programs, seminars, webinars. Check back frequently to see when topics of interest to you may be posted.
AASPI is the only statewide association representing both collision and mechanical shops in the Illinois General Assembly. Creating visibility for auto repair specialists is the main focus of AASPI’s work. At this year’s Annual Meeting and Business Forum you will have an opportunity to hear first hand what is going on in Springfield and how proposed legislation may impact your business.
This year’s AASPI Annual Meeting and Business Forum will feature open discussions on a variety of topics:
1. LEGISLATIVE UPDATE: Sales Tax on Repair Work – OE Parts Mandate – Salvage Years
2. Keeping the Customer First. How can shops, suppliers and insurers partner together to make the customers repair experience positive?
3. Aluminum Repair. Is your shop properly prepared with training & equipment? Not all aluminum is the same. (Sponsored by Hawk Auto Group)
4. Telematics Solution. A three-year Auto Care Association strategic plan and a bold campaign to educate consumers, policymakers, members and the industry at-large on telematics and the connected car will be covered.
5. New! GM Pre-Post Collision Repair: Chassis Systems. (New added program) This will cover procedures to be followed while making chassis system repairs for safe operation post-accident. In addition the following topics will be covered: Brake System Inspection & Repair; Power Steering Systems; Wheel alignment, etc. Presenter Jerry Tempel, A.C. Delco G.M. (Sponsored by Hawk Auto Group)
6. Internet Extortion – How One Body Shop was held at ransom!
NACE automechanika comes to Chicago July 26-29, 2017 at McCormick Place. This event is the largest U.S. trade show dedicated to high-end technical and management-related training for automotive collision and service repair shops, along with NACE (the International Autobody Congress & Exposition), the premiere event for the U.S. collision repair industry, have signed a letter of intent to combine forces starting in 2017. For more information: CLICK HERE