Mission, Ethics & History
The mission of the Association is to foster a collective voice for the collision and mechanical repair industry in Illinois which provides sustainable representation in government advocacy, professional education and business development.
AASPI members subscribe to the following Code of Ethics:
- To promote good will between the motorists and members of the Association.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each individual customer.
- To perform high quality repair service.
- To employ the highest skilled technicians obtainable.
- To use only proven merchandise of high quality distributed by reputable firms.
- To uphold the high standards of our profession and always seek to correct any and all abuses within the automotive service industry.
- To uphold the integrity of all Members of the Automotive Service Association.
The Alliance of Automotive Service Providers of Illinois (AASPI) began as a local repair organizations in the early 1960s, primarily in the Chicago metro area. Over the years this association evolved into a statewide voice for the vehicle collision and mechanical repair industry. This community of professionals reaches across the 102 counties in Illinois, focused on key legislative issues that not only protect the industry from abuse from outside the repair industry but also use its political capital to strengthen consumer protection.